Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tom Lewis and Soot Sprite Cake!

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

I don't know if you have heard of the artist Tom Lewis? I LOVE his work and so do some of my friends. You should check him out at his website: http://www.tomlewis.co.uk/

Anyway, for my friends birthday I made her a cake inspired by Tom's painting, 'The Legend of Kokucho Meadow'. I also added soot sprites from the Studio Ghibli films! And the writing is my friends name and 'Happy Birthday' in Japanese. (Well, I looked it up on the internet so I really hope that's what it says!)




Sorry the quality of the photo isn't brilliant, it was taken on an iphone and then cropped! I cant believe I didn't take a better picture, I will have to see if someone else did!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie,

    That's a fantastic cake I love it!!! 

    That's one of my favourite paintings from Tom do you take orders my wife's birthday is coming up soon.

    Sunil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunil, Thank you! :-) No, I'm afraid I only make them as a hobby! Maybe one day I will have a cake shop! That would be awesome!

      Delete