Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 20, 2010

Jack Daniels and Wine Bottle cake

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This cake was for a joint birthday! I baked two chocolate cakes, I think the dimensions were 12 x 4 inch cakes, but I dont remember now. Then, before doing anything I printed off a picture of the Jack Daniels logo, and found the most expensive bottle of Pinot Grigio that I could find and printed off that label too! Then I used the cut outs to help me shape the two cakes. I covered them both in buttecream and then the coloured fondant (which I bought in the colours you can see from here:http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/)
and then let them both dry overnight before attempting any of the detail work.



To make the label on the Jack Daniel bottle look at close to the real thing as possible I put the label I had printed out onto card and then cut the indiviual letters of 'Jack Daniels'. I then pressed these onto into the fondant to give and impression of the letters, and then just filled this in with white piped icing. The same is true of the 'Tennesse' and 'WHISKY' at the bottom of the label. All the rest was just done freehand, which is why its a bit wobbly!

No comments:

Post a Comment