Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Apple and Crazy cake!

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This was a joint cake for two friends! One friend loves Apple (as in the computer company!), loves their X-box and has a favourite hat, so I decided to try and make all of these out of cake and icing! My other friend loves colours and craziness, so I got some other friends to help me cover that cake with random shapes and flowers!

Here is a picture:

Both cakes started as square madeira cakes. The 'crazy' cake I just covered in buttercream and then covered in rolled fondant, but instead of just uising white I put white and purple together to make a marble affect. Then we covered it in stars and flowers and things, all made from different coloured fondant.

The Apple logo I printed from the internet, stuck onto card and then used as a template to cut the cake into the right shape. The bit sticking up out the top is rice krispie covered in fondant. The xbox pad and hat were just fondant too!


No comments:

Post a Comment