Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 20, 2010

Coheed and Cambria Neverender cake

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This is the 2nd Coheed and Cambria cake I have made (1st is here: http://whatanawesomecake.blogspot.com/2010/08/coheed-and-cambria-keyworks-cake.html)

It was a 12 inch square madeira cake which I covered in buttercream and then black fondant. I printed and then cut out the picture, stuck it to card and then cut it out again in the various 'parts' that you can see. I pressed these into the fondant which left an impression behind, and then I used gold edible paint and literally just painted over the top.



It took a few coats of the paint, and I didn't have much time to do this one so as you can see the cake is really shiny as I didn't leave it to dry, and there are lumps in the fondant where I rushed putting it on! If I'd have taken more time it would have come out much neater! It was delicious though and the person I made it for loved it, which for me is the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment