Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 20, 2010

Cath Kidston inspired cake

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This is a cake I made for my friend's mum's birthday party.

It is a Cath Kidston inspired design as my friend wanted something along a 50's kitsch theme. I made a 12 inch square chocolate cake which I covered in buttercream and then iced in pink rolled fondant.


My friend and I then cut out the centre panel, making a border for it out of blue icing, and stuck it on. Then we cut out loads of small white circles out of white rolled fondant and laid them on top, making sure we were happy with the poistion, before sticking them down too. Next came all the little details, such as strawberrys that we made from red and green fondant:



We also bought some little flowers, and then made leaves for them from green icing. The last touch was a star on the front panel:



My friend then iced her mum's name etc into the panel before the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment