Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 13, 2010

Coheed and Cambria Keyworks cake

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

So this one I made for one of my friends who loves Coheed and Cambria (who are an awesome band from New York in case you’ve never heard of them!)



I baked two chocolate sponge cakes and stuck them on top of each other using buttercream. Then I covered the whole cake in more buttercream and then a layer of white rolled fondant.



The design on top is called the ‘Keywork’ and I just used piped icing to draw it on top. I was VERY worried that I would muck this up completely! So I made sure started slowly and built up the design gradually.

I then rolled out black icing (which I bought ready coloured after learning my lesson from the Totoro cake!) and using templates that I had made (by printing out pictures and sticking them to card) I cut the black icing shapes out and stuck them to the side of the cake. As you can see in the pictures my cake was a bit lopsided on one side!



No comments:

Post a Comment