Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 20, 2010

Kill Audio cake (3rd Coheed and Cambria cake!)

UPDATE! I have now started my own cake making company! Please visit my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CustomCakeStudio and give it a like! :-)

This cake was epic to make, an so I actually have a lot of 'making of' pictures to try and help show the process!

For those of you that dont know 'Kill Audio' is a comic book character so the design of this cake was quite easy as I just had to print off a picture Kill Audio for my template. The first thing I did was bake two madira cakes. I added a bit of red food colouring so that they would be pink like flesh:


Then I used the template which I had printed out (and stuck onto cardboard) to cut the cake into the correct shape. I then cut off things like the head from the template so that I could lay these on top and carve out the shapes of these parts.


I used rice krispes bars (chocolate ones in this case!) to build up the hair and for the nose, and make grooves into the cake for the eyes.



Then I covered the whole thing in bettecream!



Next came a layer of white icing over the whole thing:



I made sure that I really molded the icing around the features, especially the nose and eye sockets! Kill Audio is grey in colour, so the next thing I did was to spray all the 'skin' areas lightly with a black food colourung spray:



Then I just slowly built up all the details like the clothing and wristbands:



Then the hair and the eyes etc, until it looked really good! The next part was adding all the knives sticking out of his body. I should have made these from flowerpaste, but I didn't know what that was at the time. (Flowerpaste is just like sugarpaste - i.e. rolled fondant - but it dries much harder). As a result my knives ended up folding over and breaking, but it all added to the look. I then went a bit crazy with red piped icing to do all the blood!




And here is a pic of the cake cut open, to show the pink insides!


No comments:

Post a Comment