Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 11, 2012

First ever cake course - the results!

As I said the other day, my friend and I booked a cake decorating course which we went to on Saturday. It was my first ever course so I was pretty excited, even though it meant waking up pretty early on a Saturday as the course started at 9am!


It was at The Cake Embassy in Battersea, and I really enjoyed myself! Although I have made quite a few cakes myself, I learnt some great techniques and picked up some useful tips which I know will help me in the future. I will definitely be sharing these with you as I make and decorate more cakes!


So here are some pics! We cut the cake to put buttercream inside, and then dyed our buttercream and used some to cover the outside. This is something I had never done properly before as I usually then cover my cake with sugarpaste (rolled fondant) rather then having a buttercream covering. We then swapped colours with someone else to practice writing, and then made some sugarpaste roses.





I know, it's not the prettiest cake in the world!! But as I say I picked up some useful skills, and I wasn't really trying to make a cake to impress. 


Oh, it tasted amazing by the way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment