Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 12, 2012

Charlie Chaplin Cake!

My husbands sister adores Charlie Chaplin! She knows all about him and can watch like 2 seconds of one of his movies and tell you which one it is, the year it was made and all sorts of other facts! So for her birthday I had to do her a Charlie Chaplin cake.


I decided straight away that I would make it look classic in just black and white, and as she was having a party I knew it needed to be big. So I started with a 12" square cake (which I filled with buttercream) and covered it with white sugarpaste.


Then I printed off a picture of Charlie, and stuck it onto cardboard. I rolled out some black sugarpaste and then, using my template, cut out the pieces. 


Then I put them onto the top of the cake, and finished off the other details (hair, face and cane!) with black icing. I was pretty happy with the results, and so was my husbands sister! In fact, she didn't want to eat it! Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment