Follow me in other places!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mother's Day Cake

Hello Cake Friends!


I had a go at making a cake for Mother's Day last year and thought I should finally add a blog post for it as it's nearly Mother's Day again!


I wanted to have a go at making sugarpaste flowers as they look so pretty, but I had no idea where to start. (As you will have seen from my cake making lesson I have more of an idea now, and promise to do a step-by-step post soon!)


So I bought a 32 Piece Flower Making Set from this website: http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Sugarcraft-Flower-Making-Set.html


I also bought some floral wire, flower stamens and some flower paste from the same website. The floral wire you need to make the stems of the flowers, the stamens make the centre of some flowers. Flower paste dries a lot harder than normal sugarpaste and so is much better for making flowers.


Here is the cake!



I can tell you that although it doesn't look like there are loads of flowers, this took me hours!!! I definitely need more practice to get quicker and better at making them, but I was really quite happy with the results! 

And so was my husbands Mother that the cake was given to! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment